Remodeling an unfinished basement is an excellent way to expand your current living space or create a new entertainment area, all while adding to the value of your home. The only problem is that remodeling a basement can get expensive if you’re not careful. Keep reading to learn how to cut your home improvement project costs with some basement remodeling savings in Birmingham, AL:
- Do your research: Before you even call a contractor, get online and do some research for your remodeling project. Doing your research prior to speaking with a contractor will save you both a ton of time. There are lots of websites that can give you some ideas for what you want and need out of your remodeled basement.
- Consider an open floor plan: The price of studs, drywall and all the work that goes into putting up a wall can really add up during your project. You can save a ton of money by keeping your basement open. On top of saving a bundle, an open floor plan allows for more entertainment space.
- Skip the guest bedroom: Having an extra bedroom downstairs for guests is a nice plus when friends and family stay the night. However, as we just mentioned, adding rooms downstairs gets pricy. Instead of setting up a whole new bedroom, consider buying a nice sleeper sofa for your remodeled basement.
- Opt for less expensive flooring: You obviously can’t have an unfinished concrete floor in your updated basement, but that doesn’t mean you need to splurge on your new flooring. You’ll really see some basement remodeling savings in Birmingham, AL if you pick less expensive flooring. In many cases, a $2 tile can look as nice as a $10 tile, and nobody will know the difference.
- Avoid customization: There’s no denying that custom cabinetry and counters look incredible and add a unique touch to your new basement. However, customization is always expensive and will really increase the overall cost of your renovation project. Our advice is to go with standard sizes for now—you can always upgrade later if you want.
Work with Metro Contractors Inc.
Now that you know more about saving during your remodel, it’s time to get out there and hire a contractor to take care of the job! These are a few of the top reasons to pick Metro Contractors Inc.:
- One-stop shop: Dealing with multiple contractors to handle different aspects of your remodeling project is a major hassle. Skip that frustration by hiring our team! We do everything from putting up walls and adding flooring to installing appliances. If you need electrical or plumbing work done, we can handle that, too.
- Qualified professionals: The last thing you want is an unskilled person working on your remodeling project. That won’t be an issue if you hire us. We’ve been in business since 1989, so you can rest easy knowing that your remodeling project is in good hands when you choose Metro Contractors Inc.
If you need a contractor who will help you realize considerable basement remodeling savings in Birmingham, AL, be sure to call the professionals at Metro Contractors Inc. Regardless of your remodeling project, we’re the ideal team for the job!
Categorised in: Basement Remodeling
This post was written by Writer