Your kitchen countertops serve an essential functional purpose in your home, not to mention provide aesthetic value, so it’s important to choose the right material for your countertops. There are lots of different kitchen countertops to choose from, with countless variations in color, design and specifications. Keep some key considerations in mind to make choosing the best kitchen countertop in Birmingham, AL easier.
Choosing the best kitchen countertop in Birmingham, AL
For help choosing the right kitchen countertops, consider this important information about a few of the most common options:
- Quartz: Quartz countertops are made of a blend of quartz chips and resins. Not only does quartz offer a beautiful appearance that comes in many different colors and styles, but it’s also easy to clean and maintain. On average, quartz costs between $40 and $90 per square foot.
- Granite: Granite has been the most popular and well-known kitchen countertop material for years. Its timeless style and beautiful appearance make it a great choice for homeowners who want to elevate the look of their kitchen. In addition, granite lasts for decades and is extremely easy to clean and maintain. Granite ranges from $35 to $100 per square foot of countertop space.
- Laminate: Laminate is a composite material made up of paper and resins that creates a smooth, easy-to-maintain countertop surface. Today, there are more options than ever when it comes to laminate style and design, which allows homeowners to find countertops that are perfect for their kitchen décor. Perhaps the most significant benefit of laminate over other types of countertops is its low price—laminate costs just $10 to $30 per square foot.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel has historically been used in commercial kitchens, but it’s starting to gain popularity in modern and contemporary home design as well. These countertops offer many functional benefits, including bacterial resistance, durability and longevity—not to mention the aesthetic draw of stainless steel. Stainless steel countertops cost between $65 and $125 per square foot.
- Tile: Ceramic and porcelain tiles are typically used for backsplashes and shower enclosures, but these materials are also a great option for kitchen countertops. Because of how many different tile options there are on the market, it’s easy for homeowners to find an option that’s perfect for their unique style. As a bonus, individual tiles can be very easily replaced if they break. Tile varies widely in price, from $10 to $80 per square foot.
- Butcher block: Butcher block countertops have become increasingly popular in recent years, especially in traditional and rustic home design. These countertops offer a dynamic, authentic aesthetic that’s simple to clean and maintain. Butcher block countertops typically cost between $35 and $70 per square foot.
For help finding and installing the perfect countertops for your kitchen, reach out to Metro Contractors Inc. Thanks to our decades of experience providing comprehensive home remodeling services, including countertop installation, you will receive high-quality service and workmanship when you choose our team for your project. To find out more about everything we have to offer and request a project consultation, give us a call today.
Categorised in: Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by Writer