A home remodeling project in Birmingham, AL could take a week, or it could take a year. Most projects fall between these extremes. The average home renovation in Birmingham, AL takes between four and eight months to complete. Of course, some projects fall outside of this range, but this is a good starting place for your expectations.
If you were hoping to transform your property in just a couple of weeks, you’ll have to rethink your plans. However, following the necessary steps during this average timeline will result in the best outcomes for your home remodel. Here’s a breakdown of the steps involved and how long each typically takes:
- Research: Homeowners shouldn’t simply jump into a project. With the right research, you can discover the best options available and truly find the solutions that best suit your needs and lifestyle. During the research phase, you’ll also discover the costs involved with various home remodeling projects in Birmingham, AL. This research stage usually lasts between two weeks and two months.
- Planning: Once you’ve completed your research, you can start planning your project. You can take the ideas you’ve gathered and sifted through and create a sketch of your home renovation in Birmingham, AL. You will probably revise these ideas several times before you decide on a final version. You can partner with experienced professionals during this process to help you create the best plan for your space. This planning stage usually takes between two and six months.
- Pre-construction: During this phase, you’ll obtain approvals and permits from the regulating authorities. You’ll also work with contractors to get estimates, choose materials and schedule your timeline for construction. This stage usually takes between three and six months.
- Construction: Now you’re ready to dive into the project you’ve spent weeks planning to complete. Construction, electrical, plumbing and finishing work all take place during this phase. The length of time required for the construction will vary depending on the complexity of the project, but most construction stages last between four and six weeks.
- Completion: Once construction is finished, you enter the project completion stage. This final phase involves obtaining sign-offs from regulatory bodies for the work. You may need to obtain an occupational certificate if major renovations were involved. This last stage usually takes around three months.
- Average: Keeping in mind that each of these stages can vary greatly in length, homeowners can usually expect an average time span for each type of project. Bathrooms usually take about five months. Kitchen renovations require six months. Basement remodels also take around six months.
Are you ready to start your next home remodeling project in Birmingham, AL? Contact the professionals at Metro Contractors Inc. Family owned and operated, our home remodeling team can do it all. From additions, to renovations, to decks and roofing, we are your go-to experts for home renovation in Birmingham, AL. We’ve been the area’s premier remodeling source since 1989. Contact us today for a free estimate. We look forward to partnering with you to create your dream surroundings.
This post was written by Writer