The Most Popular Spring Ideas for Home Renovation in Birmingham, ALApril 3, 2019 7:34 pm Leave your thoughts
The weather is warming up, the days are getting longer and everything is about to get a chance to dry out—and you’ll soon be graced with hearing everyone’s plans for home improvement in Birmingham, AL. You might have some plans in mind, too, and why not work on upgrading your home’s appearance? After all, springtime offers the perfect opportunity to boost your home’s functionality and curb appeal.
We hope you’re ready to plan! Here’s a look at the most popular ideas for home renovation in Birmingham, AL this spring:
- Build or remodel a deck: The warm spring weather calls us outside, welcoming our faces with fresh air and sunlight. Is your deck ready for all the excitement and all the entertainment possibilities? If you have a nice wooden deck, but winter has taken a toll on its appearance, try refreshing it. Spring is a great time to clean, stain and repair a weathered deck, or completely remodel it altogether. Whether you’re planning to build a new deck from scratch or would rather remodel, there’s a wide range of decking materials and colors to choose from, as well as custom options.
- Upgrade wood flooring: A common springtime home renovation idea is updating old wood flooring. This can be as simple as sanding and re-staining worn surfaces, or as extensive as tearing up the floors and installing all-new flooring materials. Since either project will kick up a lot of dust, wood particles and debris, doing it in springtime means it’s warm enough outside to open windows and let fresh air in.
- Build a room addition: Room additions are perfect for growing households, be it a new baby, a kid moving back home after college or an elderly parent moving in. This type of home improvement project is best started and completed when the weather is nice, like in the spring. The warmer outdoor temperatures can make knocking down walls and running electricity less of a nuisance for you and the contractor. Build a room addition during the winter and there will be all sorts of messes you’ll have to deal with.
- Repair or replace the roof: Depending on the age and condition of your roof, your home might be able to benefit from repairs or a full replacement. It’s good to inspect your roof for damage after winter weather has passed. For roof replacement, choose from a variety of materials, including wood shake and metal.
- Painting inside and outside: Spring is the ideal time to follow through with interior or exterior painting. Fresh paint gives off fumes, but you can open the windows to air out the house when the weather is nice. If painting the exterior or siding, spring offers less of a threat of cold winds and rainstorms rolling through while you’re waiting for the paint to dry.
By planning to do home improvement projects in the spring, you can sit back and relax—perhaps even on your new deck or patio—come summer. Contact Metro Contractors Inc. today to schedule a consultation with an experienced general contractor in Birmingham, AL!
Categorised in: General Contractor in Irondale, Home Improvement, Home Renovation
This post was written by Writer