How to Choose the Right Roofing Contractor in Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2019 2:11 am Leave your thoughts
Some minor roofing projects, such as replacing a few shingles, can be done by yourself as long as you have the right tools and safety equipment. However, most of them need to be performed by a roofing contractor in Birmingham, AL. But who should you hire to complete these big roofing projects?
There are tons of roofing companies in town who all claim to offer similar services and who all seem perfectly competent from the looks of it. The problem is, that’s not always the case. As with any industry, there are some contractors out there who are much better than others, and some who should be considered scam artists rather than roofing contractors.
Here is how you can navigate the waters and find the perfect contractor to work on your roof.
- Start with local companies: First, search for local roofing contractors. Local companies know the city’s codes and regulations and are also friendly with supply companies, so getting the building materials won’t be an issue. On top of that, local contractors are less likely to try to scam you, as they have a reputation to uphold within the community.
- Look up BBB ratings: The Better Business Bureau is an invaluable resource when it comes to finding a roofing contractor. You can look up information about the company on the BBB website, see the company’s rating and see if there have ever been any complaints filed against the contractor. Obviously, you should stay away from any companies with a low rating!
- Shop around: There’s no reason to hire the first contractor you talk to! Unless you’re in an emergency and need a contractor ASAP, we recommend talking to as many roofing companies as you can. The more contractors you meet, the better the chance that you get the best price.
- Check licensing and insurance: A proper license to operate in the area and full insurance are crucial when hiring a general contractor in Birmingham, AL. A license proves that the company is legally allowed to work on your roof, and insurance guarantees that you’re not liable for anything that goes wrong on your property. Don’t just take the company’s word that they have these things, either! Be sure to see for yourself that they’re covered.
- Don’t give in to pressure: There are many instances in which a pushy contractor will try to force you to sign on with them as soon as they give you an estimate. After all, they don’t want to lose out on your business to another contractor! Keep in mind that this decision is yours and yours alone. Take your time and choose the contractor who’s best suited for you.
- Get a warranty: Finally, be sure to get a warranty from the contractor. You don’t want to be on the hook for paying for another repair in a few months if the contractor did a poor job the first time around.
Look no further than Metro Contractors the next time you need to hire a roofing company in Birmingham, AL. Give us a call today to learn more about our services or to get an estimate!
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors
This post was written by Writer