Remodeling your kitchen is one of the top ways to increase the value of your home. For that reason and many others, it’s one of the top remodeling choices for homeowners across the country. The hardest part about a kitchen remodel in Birmingham, AL, though, is figuring out how you want to remodel your kitchen and what you want the end result to look like. Thankfully, we’re here to help! Keep reading to learn about some of the most popular kitchen remodeling trends for 2019:
- Concealed storage: Storage space is crucial in any kitchen, but many homeowners don’t want their cabinetry taking up space or taking away from the beauty of other appliances in the kitchen. We can craft your cabinetry to appear seamless in your walls or center island.
- Colorful cabinetry: We’ve also seen many homeowners go the other route when it comes to their cabinets and paint them in colors that contrast with the rest of the kitchen. Instead of letting their stainless steel and high-tech appliances be the stars of the show, folks paint their cabinets brilliant shades of blue, pink or yellow and let them be the focal point of the space.
- Open shelving: On the other end of the spectrum, some homeowners are choosing to ditch cabinet doors altogether and opt for open shelving. Just be sure that your dishes and glasses are arranged neatly if you go with this option.
- Colored upholstery: Brightly colored cabinets can look great all on their own, but you may want to think about adding a little bit more color in your kitchen to balance it all out. If you have barstool seating at your center island, consider reupholstering the cushions with brightly-colored fabric.
- Vintage vibe: The old saying “history repeats itself” can be applied to kitchen remodeling, too. In fact, one of the hottest remodeling trends in Birmingham, AL right now is to ditch the modern look for vintage-inspired fixtures, lighting, countertop materials and more.
- Contrasting textures: Mixing up the materials in your kitchen might sound a little chaotic to some. However, if it’s done correctly, contrasting your textures creates a unique look that’ll get the whole neighborhood talking.
- Integrated appliances: High-end stainless steel appliances are nice to look at, but have you ever considered what your kitchen would look like if it didn’t appear to have any appliances at all? That’s a possibility nowadays! For example, some people are building stoves into their countertops and concealing their fridges by making them look like cabinets.
- Digital technology: Would you like to make yourself a cup of coffee by pressing a button on your phone or order groceries through your refrigerator? That can be done! Smart appliances are all the rage nowadays, and while they can cost quite a bit of money, they’re often worth every dime.
Whether you want to follow one of these 2019 remodeling trends in Birmingham, AL or come up with something off the top of your head, we’re the team you need to get the job done. At Metro Contractors Inc., we have 30 years of experience making homeowners’ dreams come true by remodeling their kitchens. Call us today to get started!
This post was written by Writer