Seven Tips for a Pleasant Kitchen Remodel ExperienceOctober 26, 2018 10:46 pm Leave your thoughts
Are you considering having your kitchen remodeled soon? If so, you might be feeling a bit anxious about the prospect—after all, it can be quite an undertaking! Obviously, there is no getting around the fact that having a construction crew in your kitchen can be an inconvenience to you and your family. But there are things you can do to make it as smooth and painless a process as possible.
As a kitchen remodeling contractor in Birmingham, AL, we have plenty of experience in this area. Read on for seven tips to achieve a relatively pleasant kitchen remodeling experience:
- Try before you buy: One of the most popular additions to any kitchen is an island. But an island isn’t for everyone, and what seems like a wonderfully spacious kitchen island in the abstract could potentially become a nuisance in reality. Try making a makeshift kitchen island out of plywood to see if you actually like the size and placement, before committing to the real thing.
- Have a makeshift kitchen: If you have an extra bedroom, office, or even a corner of the living room you aren’t using on a daily basis, consider making it your temporary “kitchen” while the real one is under construction. Keep essentials like grab-and-go foods, a microwave, the coffee maker and a few plates and utensils there, so you don’t have to eat out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Upgrade your fridge size: Do you find that your fridge is always stuffed to the brim with food? If so, take this opportunity to get a larger refrigerator! Ask your contractor to leave space to keep your new and improved fridge once the remodel is complete.
- Make it multifunctional: Kitchens don’t just have to be for cooking. By including a small breakfast nook or other workspace, you could get twice your money’s worth in this remodel! Consider what you and your family would use, and ask your contractor for advice in including it in the space.
- Counter space: It’s a general axiom in life that there is no such thing as too much counter space. Whether you cook elaborate meals every day, or just on holidays and special occasions, you will never be upset with yourself for adding in more counter space!
- Communication is key: Remodels can be a trying time, as your home gets turned upside down and you don’t have access to a full kitchen. When going through home remodeling in Birmingham, AL, remember that communication is key—with your family members, with your neighbors and with your contractor.
- Find the right contractor: You do not have to settle for anything less than an excellent kitchen remodeling contractor in Birmingham, AL. Look for one with experience and good references, and one that treats you with respect and is punctual.
Now that you have read these tips for a smooth kitchen remodeling in Birmingham, AL, it is time to get the ball rolling on your own remodeling project! If you are looking for a contractor, feel free to get in touch with Metro Contractors Inc. anytime.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling
This post was written by Writer