Summertime means moving the party outdoors and enjoying the warmth and sunshine. It means making the most of your deck and yard to entertain family and friends. To host the most memorable summer gatherings this season, consider a few upgrades to your deck in Birmingham, AL. With a bit of quick customization, you can have the best backyard barbecue ever. Here’s how:
- A quick clean: Before you consider adding anything to your deck, the foundation must be in good repair. Review your deck’s overall condition and make any needed repairs. Replace damaged boards. Clean off weathered grime. Re-stain the deck flooring to keep it looking sharp.
- A quick sit: This is a great way to add both seating and storage to your deck. Create a built-in bench, with comfy cushions on the seat and ample space below to store your outdoor games and decorations. It looks inviting and offers great functionality, too.
- A quick cover: Have your summer plans ever gone awry due to weather conditions? If the forecast isn’t great, this will keep your plans intact. Add a wooden pergola that looks great on sunny days and can be fitted with outdoor fabric to unroll when the rain arrives.
- A quick enclosure: Does your deck include an attractive railing and gate? This feature adds coziness and safety to your deck. It also provides the perfect place to add decorative planters or garden ornaments. Plus, it doubles as a place for guests to set their drinks.
- A quick addition: Who said the only way you can add onto your house is with an interior addition? Consider an attached gazebo to expand and enhance your entertaining space. These great getaways add immense appeal and create an inviting place for parties.
- A quick dip: You’ll truly be the envy of the neighborhood with the addition of a hot tub. Choose a section of your current deck or add the square footage to accommodate the tub. For increased privacy, use tall plants or install the hot tub in your new gazebo!
- A quick meal: Who wants to heat up the kitchen in the summer with extensive meal preparations? Take summer cooking outdoors. Add an outdoor kitchen to your deck in Birmingham, AL, complete with grill, refrigerator, sink and dining area. Include a bar for ideal entertaining.
- A quick light: Don’t let the sunset end your party. Add low-voltage or solar lights to your deck. Include lighting on each step and in each post top. This allows you to extend your gatherings to fully enjoy the summer evenings. It also makes multi-tiered decks more safely accessible in the dark.
Would you like to enhance your summer gatherings this year? For a new or improved deck in Birmingham, AL, contact the experts at Metro Contractors Inc. We leverage in-depth industry knowledge to deliver complete customer satisfaction. Contact us today to get started on your dream deck. We look forward to partnering with you for a successful project that fully enhances your outdoor enjoyment.
Categorised in: Deck Addition
This post was written by Writer