Winter’s grasp is finally letting up! In addition to spending more time outdoors, homeowners know that summertime means it’s time for all kinds of remodeling projects. Whether it’s a small DIY project or a massive undertaking that requires the help of professional remodeling services in Birmingham, AL, we’re entering the time of year to tackle projects around the house. Continue reading to learn a few of the most popular summer remodeling projects.
Spending time outside is one of the best parts about summer, especially if you have a home with a great outdoor space. Now that the nasty winter weather is behind us, you can start to put your outdoor project plans in action:
- Decks: Picture yourself outside on a warm summer day enjoying some fresh-squeezed lemonade. In your imagination, are you sitting in a chair on your lawn, or are you sipping your beverage on a deck? If it’s the latter, you should start working on that deck right away! Depending on their size, decks can take a while to build. You’d be well advised to get going on the project now so that you can enjoy it all summer long.
- Outdoor kitchens: Having everyone over for a neighborhood barbecue is a staple summer activity. Why not elevate your cookout from burgers on the grill to a full-blown meal? Installing an outdoor kitchen will help you do just that! You can entertain everyone out on your new deck without dealing with the hassle of running back and forth from your kitchen.
- Fences: They say good fences make good neighbors, but if your fence is looking a little tattered, or if you don’t have one at all, now is the time to consider putting one up. Even if your fence is structurally sound, you might want to stain it this summer to keep it looking great.
Realistically, you can’t spend all of your time outside. For that reason, people also call us to remodel the interior of their homes during the summertime:
- AC: Beat the heat this year by installing a new air conditioning system! It’s a fairly simple project that can be done by a pro in a matter of hours. You’ll love returning home after a sweaty day outside to relax in your cool, air-conditioned home.
- Ceiling fans: For less money than a new air conditioner, you can install new ceiling fans in your home. Ceiling fans don’t just cost less to install—they use less electricity than your AC, so your energy bills will be lower all through the summer.
- New windows: All of your cool air will flow straight outside if your windows are old! Remodeling services in Birmingham, AL recommend installing new energy efficient windows this summer to help keep cool air in and hot air out. You’ll be amazed at your monthly savings!
Summer is fast approaching—be sure to give Metro Contractors Inc. a call soon to start planning your remodel! Our schedule is filling up fast, and you don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to work with our specialists on your next big project.
Categorised in: Remodeling Services
This post was written by Writer