You might not think about it often (or ever), but your siding is one of the most crucial aspects of your home. It protects you from the elements and it helps reduce energy costs in the summer and winter. Unfortunately, siding isn’t a “super-material.” After a while, it may need to be replaced, or else it’ll lose its effectiveness. Continue reading to learn a few of the signs that it’s time to call the pros for siding replacement in Birmingham, AL:
- Cracks and gaps: Your siding goes through a lot during the year. It has to battle rain, hail, strong winds and everything else Mother Nature might throw at it. After a while, you can imagine that it might start to crack and fall apart. This doesn’t just look awful—it compromises the structural integrity of your home. Get in touch with us today if you’ve noticed your siding start to crack at all.
- Fungus and mold: Our climate is just right for fungus and mold growth. So, needless to say, it’s pretty much impossible to stop it from growing. However, that doesn’t mean it should be growing on the side of your home! If your siding is looking a little green and a pressure washer can’t clean it up, it may be time to consider replacing your siding.
- Increased bills: As mentioned above, your siding traps indoor air and prevents outside air from creeping in—that is, of course, until your siding starts to fail. If you’ve noticed that your energy bills keep rising, you may have an issue with your siding. Luckily for you, we can replace it. New siding is sure to knock your bills back down, keeping more money in your pocket each month.
- Rotten siding: Wood siding is beautiful. It adds a touch of elegance to every home, and it can be painted any color of the rainbow. The only downside is that it’s vulnerable to the elements. Moisture has a drastic effect on untreated wood. Over time, all of that moisture can rot parts of your wood siding. If it’s caught early and the rot isn’t bad, the affected areas can be fixed, but if it’s too late, you’ll have to call us to replace it all.
- When you’re moving: It might not be a bad idea to replace your siding if you’re planning on selling your home and moving anytime in the near future. New vinyl siding offers one of the best returns on investment. Even though siding replacement in Birmingham, AL can be expensive, owners can expect to recoup half of the installation cost when they sell. Give us a call today to learn how much more money you can make when you sell your home simply by replacing your old siding!
If you’re tired of having an unattractive home exterior, or if you’re planning on selling your house soon, pick up the phone and give Metro Contractors Inc. a call. Our experts have years of experience with siding replacement in Birmingham, AL, so we guarantee the highest quality work you’ll find.
Categorised in: Siding Replacement
This post was written by Writer