Spring Is Roofing Season: Here’s What You Need to Know to Get Ready for Home Remodeling in Birmingham, ALFebruary 16, 2018 2:59 pm Leave your thoughts
Is it time for a new roof? If so, there are a few things you should know to prepare for roofing season. This is often a significant step in home remodeling in Birmingham, AL, so it’s important for homeowners to be well informed as they approach this project.
Before the re-roofing begins, educate yourself with the following roofing facts:
- ‘Tis the season for roofing: Why is spring so popular for roofing? This is due to a number of factors. First, many homeowners spend all their extra funds during the holidays. Everyone is out of money for the next several months. Then, everyone files their income taxes, and refunds start to roll in. This influx of funds, combined with a break in the weather for outdoor projects, makes spring the prime time for roofing and other home remodeling in Birmingham, AL.
- The weather is right: The warmer temperatures aren’t important simply for contractor comfort. Although the roofers probably appreciate the more comfortable weather, the materials they are using appreciate it even more. Some roofing products can’t be used if the temperature is below 40 degrees. Keep this in mind as you schedule your roofing project. Wait for the right weather for optimal results.
- The calendar is full: If you’re planning a roofing project as part of your home remodeling in Birmingham, AL this spring, schedule early. Because it is a popular time for contractors, you may have to wait in line as the season hits full swing. Contact your roofer as soon as possible to get on their calendar. Keep in mind, emergency repairs needed due to disasters are given priority, and weather conditions may cause delays, even if you are first in line.
- The price is high: Another consequence of the busy season is an increase in price. This is especially true with larger companies. It’s the simple concept of supply and demand. If you schedule your roofing during a busy season, you might have to pay more. To save money, consider contacting a local contractor who can personalize their business a bit more than a national chain.
- Comparison is good: As you start the process of roofing, it’s a good idea to contact more than one contractor that handles home remodeling in Birmingham, AL. Get three quotes for comparison. This will give you a good idea of what the project should cost and ensure you are not overpaying for the service. Keep in mind that it’s not always best to automatically choose the cheapest. Look at what each company offers, their experience and their quality of work as you select a roofer.
Would you like more information about roofing this spring? Whether you are considering a new roof, are ready to schedule your project or simply need solid advice on home remodeling in Birmingham, AL, the experts at Metro Contractors Inc. are ready to assist you. We can answer any questions you have and partner with you to develop the best solutions for all your remodeling and roofing needs. Reach out to our team today!
Categorised in: Home Remodeling
This post was written by Writer