The start of a new year is the perfect time to consider remodeling your home. Ringing in 2018 with some fresh updates to your bathroom, kitchen and other areas is a surefire way to start your year off on the right foot. To help you plan your remodel, we’ve assembled a list of some of the most popular home design trends you can expect to see frequently in 2018. Some of the biggest trends focus on improving your life through organized upgrades, bringing high quality features into the home and maximizing space:
- Standalone showers and tubs: Previously, combination baths and showers were commonplace in most homes due to their efficient use of space. That’s now a thing of the past, as separate shower and tubs are seeing a surge. Walk-in showers and luxury tubs fit for a spa are now the top choice.
- Gourmet kitchens: Expect to see more kitchens fit for a gourmet home cook. You can expect to see more farmhouse style sinks, oversized fridges, dual ovens and large island countertops perfect for cutting and dicing vegetables for your next dinner party.
- Sunrooms: 2018 will bring more of the outside indoors with the reemergence of sunrooms. They make the perfect spot to sip your coffee while comfortably enjoying the outside weather in controlled conditions. A sunroom can be used for everything from family gatherings to a workout space, based on your needs. There’s no limit on what you can do with this converted area with the help of a general contractor in Birmingham, AL.
- Customization: One-of-a-kind design features are rising in popularity. Foregoing traditional design rules to put your own creative spin on a room is becoming more and more common. Try installing a standout tile wall in the shower or a unique backsplash behind the kitchen counters.
- Open kitchens: Bring everything together with an open kitchen! More and more homes are opening up the space between the kitchen and dining room to allow the cook to interact with dinner guests while they’re preparing a meal.
- Attic retreats: Turn that abandoned attic into a livable space. This precious square footage can be repurposed for a guest room or an office. Work with a general contractor in Birmingham, AL to determine what will be needed to make an attic functional.
- Manmade: Manmade materials are seeing a surge due to their low costs and minimal maintenance. Tile that looks exactly like hardwood flooring and marble-inspired engineered stone are taking over in both new and remodeled homes.
- Wood: This is another area where we’re seeing natural elements increase in popularity. Wood is now being used for much more than just flooring. Expect to see oak, pine and maple woods on the wall, and in furniture too.
Schedule an appointment with the team at Metro Contractors Inc. today to start planning your 2018 remodel. An experienced general contractor in Birmingham, AL would be happy to work with you to turn your remodeling dreams into a reality.
Categorised in: General Contractor in Irondale
This post was written by Writer