There’s no better way to kick off the New Year than with a home remodeling project! The year is young and the possibilities are endless. You could update the kitchen with gourmet amenities or turn the master bathroom into a relaxing space worthy of a spa. With so many different options, you might be wondering which remodel projects are going to be worth the investment—especially if you’re planning on selling your home within the next few years. Knowing the true cost of the most popular home remodeling trends can better help you determine whether it’s worth the time and money.
Here are seven ideas for home remodeling in Birmingham, AL that are bound to pay off in 2018:
- Loose fill attic insulation: Adding new attic insulation is one of the most cost effective upgrades out there. Typically, homeowners can recoup approximately 107 percent of the cost. Plus, you can reap the benefits of lower utility bills due to increased energy savings while still living in the home.
- Minor kitchen remodel: There’s no need to overhaul your entire kitchen. Making a few simple changes can have a huge impact at just a fraction of the cost. These might include adding an island, replacing the countertops or installing a standout backsplash. These seemingly minor additions can drive up your home value with little initial cost.
- New hardwood flooring: Choosing a high-quality flooring material is an investment that’s bound to pay off. Materials like rich-colored hardwood and genuine natural stone are common items on many potential homebuyers’ wish lists. The flooring will stay looking great for decades to come with minimal maintenance.
- Deck addition: A wood deck addition is a relatively inexpensive option for home remodeling in Birmingham, AL, but it’s something homebuyers will love. Constructing a new deck costs an average of $10,000. The resale value is relatively high, at $7,600.
- Accessible upgrades: Homeowners are becoming more interested in remaining in the same home as they age, which explains the increasing popularity of accessible accommodations. This includes widening halls and doorways, in addition to roll-in showers and open floor plans. Accessibility remodeling isn’t cheap, but it does pay off. Depending on the details, this type of remodeling project runs about $5,200, but approximately 69 percent can be recouped.
- Luxury basements: A finished basement will have a huge impact on home value. Adding modern amenities like a small kitchenette and a full bathroom to the basement can increase the sale price by thousands of dollars. While this one can be costly, it’s well worth the investment when it comes to the resale value.
- New doors: Replacing your old front door with a new steel entry model is a simple, yet effective upgrade. Expect to get back about 90 percent of the initial cost, which tends to be around $1,400. A steel door also offers added safety benefits your family can enjoy before moving out.
Ready to get started? Then call the professionals at Metro Contractors Inc. for home remodeling in Birmingham, AL. We’re ready to conquer any home remodeling project you can imagine. Stop by or call Metro Contractors Inc. today for a free estimate!
Categorised in: Home Remodeling
This post was written by Writer